ANTI-PIRACY AWARENESS TRAINING
Recruiting agencies will conduct the training and issue a certificate required by the government prior to a seafarer's departure. This training complies with POEA Memorandum Circular No. 05 of 2009.
Recruiting agencies will conduct the training and issue a certificate required by the government prior to a seafarer's departure
The scope of the training is to provide:
• General information regarding the Piracy
• Guidance and best industry practices for vessels passing through the Gulf of Aden (GoA) and other known pirates infested areas.
The training on how to avoid, react and cope with or surviving piracy/hostage situations and other related incidents.
At the end of the training seminal you will have acquired:
• Adequate knowledge, guidance and skills on the Best Management Practices (BMP) in avoiding piracy attacks, deterring attacks, delaying successful attacks and handling the situation with pirates on board, particularly when transiting the Gulf of Aden, off the Coast of Somalia and other pirates infested areas.
• Techniques how to survive piracy and hostage situation off the Coast of Somalia and other known pirates infested areas.
This training seminar is delivered thru the following method of instructions:
• Lecture and Discussions
• Video Presentation
• Role Playing Demonstration
This training is meant for both officers and crews. The lecture part is used along with the video presentation as part of the training exercises. Its purpose is to show clearly BMPs in a whole variety of situations, but in a way that is instantly memorable. The ISPS Code requires every ship to have a written Ship Security Plan. A shore based Company Security Officer (CSO) will work with the Master and the Ship Security Officer (SSO) to keep this a working document that can be adapted in response to any changes in circumstances.