SHIP SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING AND SEAFARER WITH DESIGNATED SECURITY DUTIES (SSAT & SDSD) COURSE (IMO MODEL COURSES 3.26 & 3.27)
The Ship Security Awareness Training and Seafarers with Designated Security Duties Training in compliance with the (Section A VI/6, Para 6) STCW Code 2010 Manila, as amended and related national and international rules and regulations. IMO MODEL Course 3.26, 2012 Edition and IMO MODEL Co. 3.27, 2012 Edition to enhance, update, and improve the quality and effectiveness of the training against Piracy and Armed Robbery.
The design of this course is intended every seafarer who is designated to perform security duties, including anti-piracy and anti-armed-robbery related activities, will be able to demonstrate competence to undertake the tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in column 1 of table A-VI/6.
Every Seafarer with designated security duties will be able to perform and demonstrate on board designated security duties including anti-piracy and anti-armed robbery against ships efficiently
Those who successfully completed this course should be able to perform and demonstrate the duties and responsibilities of seafarer with Designated Security Duties defined in section A/13.3 of the ISPS Code and in section A-VI/6-1 and A-VI/6-2 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Which include, but are not limited to:
1. knowledge of current security threats and patterns;
2. recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
3. recognition of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
4. techniques used to circumvent security measures;
5. crowd management and control techniques;
6. security related communications;
7. knowledge of the emergency procedures and contingency plans;
8. operations of security equipment and systems;
9. testing, calibration and whilst at sea maintenance of security equipment and systems;
10. inspection, control, and monitoring techniques; and
11. methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and Ship’s stores.